- Category: End User Pages
- Published on Tuesday, 24 April 2012 02:57
- Hits: 28581
What is a Control System Integrator?
Control system integrators design and implement sophisticated control systems for manufacturing, process and other industrial facilities. Using their knowledge of engineering, information technology, and business, system integrators integrate plant equipment to automate manufacturing and processes from the plant floor to the enterprise level. Automation helps manufacturers and processors reduce cost, increase production, use less energy and lower environmental impact.
For control system integrators to become members of CSIA they must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is engaged in control system integration primarily for design, programming and commissioning.
- Applicant must provide integration services primarily with its own personnel.
- Applicant may be asked to provide financial data to the CSIA Executive Director and be interviewed by phone by CSIA members to verify that the applicant meets membership eligibility requirements.
- Applicant agrees to comply with CSIA bylaws, rules and regulations.
- Integrator members have association voting rights and are strongly encouraged to achieve CSIA Certified status within three years of membership.
What is the Control System Integrators Association?
The Control System Integrators Association (CSIA) seeks to enable industries everywhere to have access to low-risk, safe and successful applications of automation technology by advancing the business practices of the system integration industry. CSIA helps its members improve their business skills, provides a forum to share industry expertise, and promotes best practices for business management.
Founded in 1994, CSIA is a not-for-profit, global trade association for system integration companies. CSIA has more than 400 member firms in 27 countries.
The mission of the Control System Integrators Association is to advance the industry of control system integration.
Industries everywhere have access to low-risk, safe and successful applications of automation technology
• Cultural respect