- Category: End User Pages
- Published on Tuesday, 24 April 2012 02:57
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 11923
What is a Control System Integrator?
Control system integrators design and implement sophisticated control systems for manufacturing and industrial facilities. Using their knowledge of engineering, information technology, and business, control system integrators integrate plant equipment and automate manufacturing processes. Automation helps manufacturers and process industries reduce cost, increase production, use less energy and lower environmental impact.
For control system integrators to become members of CSIA they must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is engaged in control system integration primarily for design, programming and commissioning.
- Applicant must provide integration services primarily with its own personnel.
- Applicant may be asked to provide financial data to the CSIA Executive Director and be interviewed by phone by CSIA members to verify that the applicant meets membership eligibility requirements.
- Applicant agrees to comply with CSIA bylaws, rules and regulations.
- Integrator members have association voting rights and are strongly encouraged to achieve CSIA Certified status within three years of membership.
What is the Control System Integrators Association?
The Control System Integrators Association (CSIA) seeks to advance business practices of control system integration. CSIA helps members improve their business skills, provides a forum to share industry expertise, and promotes best practices for business management. Member companies that become CSIA Certified have demonstrated the highest level of professionalism and excellence.
Founded in 1994, CSIA is a not-for-profit, global trade association for control system integration companies. CSIA has more than 400 member firms in 27 countries.
The mission of the Control System Integrators Association is to advance the industry of control system integration.
Industries everywhere have access to low-risk, safe and successful applications of automation technology
• Cultural respect