In 2012, CSIA launched its interactive Connected Community website, controlsys.org. It gave CSIA members the unprecedented opportunity to connect with one another online, search for peers in the online directory, access tools and documents from online libraries, and build discussions in both the Open Forum and a multitude of sub-communities.
Today, CSIA has over a dozen online communities including those for Certified members, Committees and Best Practices Training. There are 3,700 active members on the site, 3,476 discussion posts and 229 library entries. While much of this activity is done on the computer, we know that CSIA members connect with colleagues on mobile devices, searching for one another on the community directory; reading, starting and replying to existing discussions; and regularly reading daily digests of discussions on their phones.
It’s great! But wouldn’t it be nice if you could do it in an easier-to-navigate, streamlined way through a mobile app? Now you can.
Introducing CSIA’s new Connected Community mobile app. Now it’s possible to post questions and connect with colleagues and peers in just a few clicks. No zooming. No maneuvering. No searching for controlsys.org in your browser. Just touch the app icon on your mobile device and you’re in!
The free app is available for download from the Apple and Android app stores . Once it’s on your device, log in and you’ll see your name at the top of the navigation. Under your profile, you will see Discussions, People, Inbox, Announcements and a list of communities to which you belong. It’s pre-populated with all of your contact information to save you set-up time.
Now you can:
- Reply to discussions and post new discussions without having to “pinch-to-zoom.” All of the community groups that you are subscribed to on controlsys.org are available via the CSIA Connected Community Mobile App and can be read in a single feed.
- Get quick access to your fellow CSIA members. Search the directory by first name, last name or company. Easily add them to your personal contacts. With a couple of taps on your screen, you can send an e-mail or make a phone call to another CSIA member.
- Access messages and announcements.
- See what’s coming up on the CSIA Calendar: webinars, conferences, partner events.
- Find CSIA's Twitter feed and Open Forum directly in the app.
- From your mobile device, visit your app store and search for "MemberCentric"
- Download and launch the app and search for "CSIA"
- Log in with your CSIA username and password
Find direct download links at https://www.controlsys.org/about/mobileapp