Investing in Your Most Important Asset – Your Company:
Building and Realizing Business Value
Would you put your life savings into an investment account and not check it again until you are ready to retire? The obvious answer is no.
However, entrepreneurs do this every day with their businesses. They spend so much time working in their business that they leave themselves no time to work on their business.
While someone is managing your investment portfolio, you are the one who needs to manage your business as both your job and your most valuable investment.
As an owner, regardless of when you plan to leave your business, focusing on your business as an investment is your most important work.
If this sounds familiar, then this workshop is for you.
Through a series of educational presentations and case studies, a panel of industry experts will provide a deep dive into understanding and building the value of your business and realizing this value whenever you are ready to transition ownership — whether internally or to an outside buyer.
You will leave with a deeper understanding and three of the most important to-dos when you return to work — as well as access to tool(s) to start focusing on your business as an investment.
Included in this jam-packed, full day, you will:
- Receive a custom analysis of your business rating it in 8 unique areas that drive business value. Attendees will learn how these drivers can be used to increase business value and will walk away with action plans to address specific areas within your business. Participants will need to complete a 10-15 minute survey in advance of the workshop.
- Take a deep dive into a case study showing how focusing on certain drivers increases the value of a business.
- Access the opportunity to run your business through Capital Valuation's BTA+V software to get a realistic estimate of business value. This tool is free to workshop attendees – a $2500 value! Participants will be granted access to the software application at the conclusion of the workshop.
- A sample transaction case study that highlights different Letters of Intents and deal structures.
This workshop is limited to only 30 SI owners and their key stakeholders, so be sure to register early so you don’t miss out. The cost of the workshop is between $800 and $1,000, depending on when you register, and includes breakfast and lunch, as well as two breaks. Non-members are welcome and encouraged to register.
More About What to Expect
- The importance of knowing and tracking the value of your business…regardless of your sale horizon
- Identifying the key drivers of business value in this industry and how to incorporate this into your company’s strategic planning process
- Understanding why value varies between different buyers and how to steer your business to the right “fit” for you
- Interrelation of personal financial planning with business value creation
- State of the automation mergers and acquisitions market today
- The impact of deal structure on value
- Panel of experts: Hear insights from former sellers, experienced buyers and transaction advisors
Return to main page >>